Supports the implementation of the Airport’s marketing and communications plan by promoting services/products and maintaining a positive presence on social media/digital platforms, including posting content and responding to public inquiries (redirecting to management where appropriate). Assists to coordinate and conduct tours of the Region of Waterloo International Airport (e.g., elementary school groups, seniors, community groups).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge/background in aviation and familiarity with the airport environment; programming for varied audiences (seniors, schools, special interest groups); leading groups; digital communications and social marketing; and social media platforms, normally acquired through a combination of related education and experience (e.g., 2-year diploma and 1 year of experience).
- Knowledge of and ability to follow corporate policies, procedures, communication standards, and related legislation (e.g., accessibility, privacy).
- Ability to work independently, subject to general review; apply corporate communications standards to content; develop/implement engaging content in accordance with the strategic communication plan; and compile and report on data regarding tours and social media. Ability to exercise discretion, referring contentious/sensitive issues to management or corporate communications.
- Communication skills to conduct group tours and post digital content that is engaging for all audiences; answer questions; exchange information with other staff, management, and corporate communications to facilitate a response; instruct other tour leads and support staff; support events; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read marketing materials and presentation displays. Ability to write, proofread, and edit/rework digital content using plain language, for use in various formats/platforms, and adapt based on audience.
- Computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office and social media platforms. Skill in photography and recording video, with ability to upload and edit content.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Security Clearance (TSC) and Restricted Area Identity Card (RAIC) through Transport Canada (can be post-hire).
- Ability to work varied hours to accommodate tour bookings and support events.
- Ability to travel to support marketing and events.
- Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Mar 28, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-1265, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.