- University degree and excellent academic record (e.g. Engineering, Economics or Geoscience)
- 2-4 years of energy industry experience ideally in Upstream Oil & Gas
- Previous or current working experience in the Middle East preferred
- Distinctive analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong modeling capability using Excel and experience managing large datasets and databases with competence in SQL.
- Experience with software such as Tableau, Statistical programming, R or python language skills
- Background in consulting, strategy and/or research is a plus
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
Who You’ll Work With
You will work within the McKinsey Energy Insights team in our Dubai office. Energy Insights, a specialist data and analytics unit, provides distinctive analysis, insights, and support to energy players. We offer services along the oil and gas value chain, including exploration and production, refining and marketing, natural gas, trading and oil field services.
Energy Insights’ dedicated specialists apply proprietary tools and methodologies and a data-driven approach. With our strong ties with McKinsey’s oil and gas consulting practice and access to the expertise of the wider McKinsey network, our research and analysis yield knowledge available nowhere else.
What You’ll Do
You will help build and deploy the next generation of capabilities; balancing entrepreneurship, design and scale up of our models and client propositions, as well as working with clients to drive performance improvement through their operations.
Personally, you will have the opportunity to further develop your Energy and Oil & Gas industry expertise working in a range of performance topics alongside expert practitioners and Energy Insights colleagues.
In scaling and delivering our capability and client impact, you will 1) analyze large datasets using proprietary databases and manage the delivery tools, 2) support the team in synthesizing data trends into insightful recommendations and 3) support communication of findings to clients. You will play an active role in the delivery of performance improvement and benchmarking studies engaging with clients regularly over the phone and through on-the-ground projects.
In building the capability, you will manage benchmarking and diagnostic delivery tools including the proprietary databases and models, as well as play a key role in the continuous improvement efforts to improve ways in which we develop and deliver results to clients.
You will have the opportunity to gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm, receiving exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues. Specifically you will have an opportunity to develop, deepen and strengthen expertise in the Energy and Oil & Gas industries across a range of Energy Insights and related client projects.