Provide excellent customer service to all passengers and ensure that Lufthansa’s quality standards are met.
- Conduct passenger check-in, boarding, pre-flight and post-flight, collect fees and charges, as well as perform baggage related activities.
- Ensure all passenger services are provided within Lufthansa’s quality standards.
- Issue boarding passes and assign seats using airline computer system Altea Departure Control System.
- Check and tag passenger baggage.
- Collect ancillary excess baggage fees at check-in counters.
- Assist with boarding and deplaning of passengers as required.
- Assist in meeting customers’ needs during normal operation, delays and cancellations.
- Administer appropriate pre-departure and post departure paper work; ensure timely distribution.
- Follow required safety and security procedures in accordance with all company guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Project a professional and congenial appearance for daily interaction with customers and customer service team-members by strictly adhering to company uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Ensure station agent and customer areas are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Complete document check (visa regulations, INAD, AVIH, PETC, WCHC, UM, etc)
- Perform announcements (Terminal/Gate area)
- Assure ticket reconciliation for each passenger that checks in and boards the aircraft (update of ETIX Coupon if necessary)
- Provide boarding assistance for passengers with special needs (e.g. unaccompanied minors, infirm, passengers with disabilities, family’s w/ children, etc.)
- Restock Check In counters with supplies.
- Perform simple rebooking in Altea DCS.
- Sell/offer VDB and Downgrading compensation if necessary.
- Perform departure gate functions such as acceptance of waitlist, etc.
- Perform Miles and More upgrades.
- Generate ancillary revenue by proactively offering paid station upgrade options.
- Assure on time departure of the flight.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree/vocational training desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Newcomer/ Internship experience desirable.
- Airline or customer service experience preferred.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- Other language desirable.
Industry knowledge desirable
- LH training courses required.
- DGR Training, Security CBT, Altea DCS, CBT, LH product and organization, Miles and More Concept, Star Alliance.
- Computer skills as user.
- MS Office or other EDP systems.
- Good Cost consciousness.
- Strong detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Good Problem Solving.
- Excellent quality consciousness.
- Good reasoning ability.
- Strong safety and security.
- Good leadership skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
- Good adaptability.
- Good assimilation.
- Strong conflict skills management.
- Excellent customer orientation.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent commitment.
- Strong corporate awareness.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Good independence.
- Strong initiative.
- Excellent intercultural awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong judgment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent professionalism.
- Strong reliability.
- Strong responsibility.
- Strong teamwork.
- Must possess permit to work in the Canada.
- Must be willing to work shifts/overtime.
- Must be willing to work under constant time pressure.
- Must be willing to work under high stress levels.
- Be able to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Must be willing to work outdoor weather conditions.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
- CV/Resume required.
- Cover letter required.
- Company will not provide relocation assistance
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2017, it generated revenue of EUR 35.6bn and employed an average of 128,856 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions. www.lufthansa.com