Listed on the TSX, West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company. Recognized for the sixth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Westpine Division has an opportunity for a full-time:
Fourth Class Power Engineer
The position offers a challenging, diverse and exciting opportunity to become part of our production department team with plenty of room for future growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Care, control and operation of thermal fluid heaters and auxiliary equipment
- Care, control and operation of water treatment systems
- Care, control and operation of mechanical refiners
- Monitoring and operation of various computer controlled remote systems
- Work in both a control room and production floor environment
- Quality control testing, reporting and data logging
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid fourth class power engineering designation including firing time
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including: a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an outstanding pension plan. Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Quesnel is a family-friendly community of 25,000 located in central British Columbia. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, please submit your resume and cover letter to Roger Gagne, Roger.Gagne@westfraser.com by March 29, 2019.