Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It’s a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth.
In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 03/05/2019
Posting Close Date: 03/12/2019 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Customer Service Agent
As a Customer Service Agent, you will:
- Greet and check-in our guests for their flights
- Create new reservations or modify existing travel plans, possibly handling cash
- Handle guest inquiries
- Manage gate operations and flight closure
- Organize the safe arrival and departure of our guests on and off the aircraft
- Become an airport expert, and manage all other general airport duties as required
Desired personal skills:
- A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to communicate with people
- The ability to maintain eye contact and smiling with each of our guests and coworkers
- A demonstrated ability to listen and empathize with our guests’ needs and problems
- A knack for problem solving and multitasking in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility in high stress situations
- The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a fun and friendly atmosphere
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Proven experience in the Customer Service industry
- Ability to consistently lift luggage of up to 70lbs/28kgs
- Flexibility to work shift work which may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- A demonstrated proficiency and comfort level with computers, and recent experience working within a Windows based environment
- Ability to successfully complete the Initial Customer Service Agent Course (travel for 2 weeks will be required – expenses covered by WestJet)
- Ability to handle and balance cash transactions
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written with a preference given to applicants fluently bilingual (French and/or any 2nd language)
The Customer Service Agent position is a highly physical role; agents are required to be on their feet for long periods of time. Other physical tasks may include (but are not limited to): assisting wheelchair guests on and off of aircraft, pushing wheelchairs, lifting luggage to baggage belts, organizing odd/large luggage, among many other tasks.
WestJet is Canada’s most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada’s most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet’s world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land – powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.