ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals. Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking an energetic, detailed, self-starter to join our fast-paced Accounting department.
The incumbent’s responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Prepare pre-bills and bills and obtain copies of bills upon request, including making corrections to time entries and fee allocations.
- Ensure compliance with client’s guidelines, required bill formats, and content.
- Maintain billing progress reports throughout the month.
- Accurate data entry, correcting errors, proof reading, checking style & authorization (if required).
- Available to answer any questions and provide support to assistants and professionals relating to the billing process.
- Provide information, prepare and format reports in MS Excel.
- Participate in office/firm related training sessions, improvement initiatives.
- Administrative duties e.g. filing, copying, and email.
- Any other duties as required.
- Must have at least 3 years of billing experience, in a professional services environment.
- Consideration will be given to applicants with prior legal experience
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Aderant software is an asset.
- Applicants must have a strong commitment to customer service and a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Must be able to manage and prioritize several tasks or projects at one time, work well within a busy team environment, and work with deadlines.
- Detailed orientated.
- Ability to work flexible hours as workload will require some evenings and weekends (mandatory year-end).
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.